The Sunnydaze Contemporary Ball Fountain from Serenity Health & Home Decor is the perfect black outdoor fountain for your contemporary or modern styled patio. The twisted column and large black ball add flair to this solar fountain, while a smart, eco-friendly design allows it to run off the power of the sun. It will store solar power with the solar with battery backup feature that allows you to run the fountain into the evenings for those special occasions or when you simply want to enjoy the soothing sounds at your leisure when the sun isn't out. It's made to operate in direct sunlight with a convenient back-up battery power source.
The black ball fountain features an exquisite curved design with a ball on the top. Even when it's not running, this unique outdoor fountain appears to move and dance. Crafted from lightweight, low-maintenance resin, this solar fountain is incredibly durable but weighs just 12 pounds. Resin is much more lightweight than stone, so you can easily move it around your property and move it under cover when temperatures get low.
This truly unique and eye-catching fountain runs in direct sunlight, but has a battery unit as well which will power the fountain on overcast or cloudy days. On the solar powered mode, the fountain will run directly from solar energy; however, the pump will only work in bright and sunny conditions. To run on battery mode simply press the Battery On/Off button. The battery will now power the pump. On the battery mode, you can power your fountain for up to four hours on cloudy days or at night. A fully charged battery will power the fountain up to four hours. When the battery power is depleted, the system will automatically change back to solar powered mode and start again when there is sufficient sunlight. You can operate the fountain daily using the battery technology for consistent performance even in cloudy conditions or leave your fountain off, charging the batteries for use when you want it. These features provide a wonderful combination of solar energy and consistent performance. For more information and insight, make sure to read the Sunnydaze contemporary fountain reviews on this page.
This fountain also features dry run pump technology. Typical pumps continue to run when the fountain is low on water or runs dry causing the pump to burn out and need to be replaced. This fountain includes new dry run protection technology, so if the fountain runs low on water the pump will automatically shut off to save the life of your pump.
The lifespan of a battery generally lasts between 12-18 months, but with repeated charges and discharge cycles the battery capacity may be reduced. You can try to boost charge the battery by leaving it off for two to three sunny days to allow maximum charge. If the boost charge does not help the battery then it will need to be replaced. Open the battery cover on the back of the solar panel and replace the batteries with four standard AA size rechargeable batteries.
For an additional purchase, an electric battery charger is also available from Serenity Health. If there are several cloudy days in a row where the solar panel cannot recharge the batteries fully, you can unplug the solar panel, bring it inside and plug it into a standard outlet with this battery charger to recharge the batteries.
*Color can vary slightly on each fountain. Lighting can be different indoors and out as well as differences in computer monitor lighting. Some fountains may appear darker because of the lighting in the room. Therefore, slight color variation is not a cause for return.
*Please note fountains should always be emptied and covered or emptied and brought indoors before freezing weather occurs.
Features of the Contemporary Black Ball Solar Fountain:
- Overall dimensions: 13.5" Square x 32" H; weighs 12 lbs so it's the perfect size for any garden. Bottom of basin is 10.5" Square. Ball Dimensions: 8.5" in diameter x 8.5"H. Holds approximately 2-3 gallons of water.
- Lightweight polyresin construction makes it easy to move the fountain.
- Fountain includes a 8.75"L x 7.75"W solar panel with 16' cable, pump with 1/4" diameter hose, battery pack and LED lights at the top of the sphere so you have everything you need to run it.
- The solar with battery backup technology allows your fountain to run in and out of the sun. The sun is needed to charge the solar panel but then the "on demand" can keep the pump running when the clouds come out. To run on battery mode simply press the Battery On/Off button. The battery will now power the pump.
- Fountain operates in direct sunlight or battery power for maximum functionality.
- Now features a dry protection pump so if the fountain runs out of water, it will turn off.
- During freezing weather, the fountain needs to be brought indoors or completely emptied, dried out and well-covered.
- Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a one-year manufacturer's warranty for worry-free operation.